Here is a selection of reference images for artists looking to draw babies! Because of the low quality of pictures, I would rather this be used for drawing reference only.
This baby girl is very expressive! Babies are hardly ever blank-faced. They show their emotions with their faces and bodies, getting used to their muscles and learning their own reactions to the outside world.
This girl wasn't fussy at all, so no shots of crying (I'm glad!)
I did not take her out of the carrier, because it is easier to show her sitting naturally while in it. She is not yet old enough to support her own body weight very well.
- Notice the tucking and curling of the arms and legs. This is comfortable for babies.
- Hands and feet are tiny compared to the head. A baby hand only covers a portion of the cheek, wheras if you place your hand over your face, it will cover most of it!
- Torsos are large compared to the arms and legs.
You can download the image for a larger view
Your Question: AnsweredCURRENT SUGGESTION LIST
- Stock photos on a bike
- climbing up a ladder
- expressions with the eyes closed
- poses with arrows and a quiver
- dramatic lighting with facial expressions
- Throwing poses (pokeball)
- Sleeping photos with pillows and blankets
- leaning against a wall, various poses
- Guns / holding a gun
- Let's draw falling from the front
- left-handed archery
- sitting / kneeling poses
- twin light sources
- slouched over a desk
- kneeling / crouching
- perspective from below, running, kicking, leaning casually
- unarmed combat
- Swinging on a swing (with a flat seat, not a round seat)
Please read my rules on my profile page before downloading!
By downloading you agree to follow those rules.
EDIT: Baby M is not related to me in any way. She's the sister of one of the kids at the preschool I volunteer at.